artwork by patriciasoliani

Thursday, August 21, 2008

I got a ticket..damn!!

I got a ticket driving on a ONE-WAY STREET!..damn...for as long as I can remember, I've been driving on the same street everyday..just a small portion of a street leading to the Expressway.. It used to be a two-way street, but thanks ( or no thanks) to a newly constructed street, they decided to make this one way..



I've been aware of the signs ( NO ENTRY) posted at the beginning of the street but nobody seems to care about that anyway. I am not the only one using that short way out...I used to think the No Entry signs is in effect only during School Days (this is a common practice here) because there's a lot of schools around the area..

But luck is not on my side today..tsk tsk..I was happily driving down the street to the tune of BREATHLESS and lo and behold..as I turn the corner, there it was, a police mobile parked right there, waiting for unsuspecting and clueless drivers like me..I can only shake my head...phew!

Now I have to wait for a week or 10 days to go to the Traffic Dept and pay my penalties, which I just learned, was now raised to a whooping KD 250..Thats around 40 thousand pesos Ladies and Gentlemen...waaaaaaaaaah..............#%%^(^(&()*)(

No comments: