artwork by patriciasoliani

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Another Bout with the Gout

I was having another bout with the gout so I decided to go to a clinic and have it checked once and for all..inside the doctor's clinic,  this is how our "consultation" took place: ( note: majority of the convo was in arabic with minimal English here and there..but I'm gonna write it here in English for my sanity's sake :))


doctor: what's the problem?


me: I'm having pain on my big toe because of uric I believe.


*click click on her computer*


doctor: What medicine you used to take?


me:  "this uric-reducing med" and "that anti-inflammatory" I said. ( I won't mention the meds, unless I wanna get paid for advertisement hehe)


*click click on her computer*


doctor: what dosage?


me: one tablet 2x a day..the other one, one tablet 3x a day.


*click click*


doctor: how about " that lipid-reducing agent", have you tried?


me: yes. once before.


*click click*


doctor: ok, you can now go to the pharmacy to collect your medicines.


me: huh? ok..thank you.


buti pa pala dumiretso na lang ako sa pharmacy, parang ako rin nagreseta sa sarili ko e hehehe..


and yes, this is not the first time I experience this kind of "consultation" here in government health centers, I've been through a lot before..and I mean A LOT!..but I won't go into details now unless I want to feel sick all over again..:))


RELATED POST:
My big, big toe

No comments: