artwork by patriciasoliani

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Exchanged Gift


Yesterday, Dec. 17, me and my wife went out to buy a gift for Cianna's exchange gift, something suitable for either a boy or girl..We spent about two hours searching for the best gift until we decided on something we both liked - a Scrabble-inspired Math Board game..I actually liked it very much that I almost bought another one for Cianna herself..Good thing, my wife said no..

Mommy then prepared and wrapped it in a nice paper bag with the words " Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!From Cianna Mercado " written on it.

So our little girl went to the party this morning..After a few hours, she arrived home happy.....and still with the same gift in hand but now with the number 15 on it.

Naturally, Mommy was surprised and asked her why she still has the gift.  Did she take the same number of her own gift and not bother to inform her teacher about it?..She didn't get a clear answer from her so she asked me to call the teacher and ask about it.

We figured out, when the gift-giving was over, the children went on to play and have fun..When its time to go, the teacher told them to get their things and prepare to go home.. Cianna must have gathered her things ( like she always do)...AND INCLUDING HER GIFT!

So now, Cianna ended up with a very nice present--something we chose carefully, something her mommy and I both liked, something I like for her to have...

and some other child is looking for her gift at school :)

No comments: