artwork by patriciasoliani

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

40 Things To Do Before I Turn 40

Today I am celebrating my 39 years of earthly existence..and though I am contented with what I have reached so far , I know there’s still a lot more to this life…and  so, as I continue my journey towards my 4th decade, I am writing down the list of the things I’d like to do or accomplish in a year’s time before I reach that magical number.


Some of these are realistic..some are a bit on the extreme side while others will be really difficult..but that’s the whole idea about this list, right?..

Before I turn 40, I will:
  1. Take the car for dent repairs and a full-body repainting job..and soon!
  2. Finish paying for my car. (Done! as of July 2011)
  3. Go up Kuwait’s Liberation Tower.
  4.  Cross a sea, or even just a river, by boat or ship.
  5. Drive a car in the Philippines……with Manual Transmission.
  6. Renew my Philippine driving license.
  7. Visit a country other than the usual stop-overs to and from Kuwait.
  8. Visit at least one tourist destination in the Philippines…outside Luzon.
  9. Go home to my birthplace, my hometown- Infanta, Quezon…(Done! Nov.2,2011)
  10. Try at least one water activity…Jet Ski perhaps!
  11. Try one extreme outdoor activity—Rock or wall climbing? Bungee jumping? Whatever..
  12. Try one extreme ride at the amusement park—Tornado? Cyclone?..let’s do it.
  13. Eat an exotic food..something so exotic that I can’t even think of one right now.
  14. Get a tattoo…even a small one.
  15. Hold a kitten for 5 minutes!
  16.  Dye my hair
  17.  Finish building our dream house. (In progress)
  18. Finish repairs on my parents’ house.
  19. Have a house blessing
  20. Paid off all of my debts…or at least more than half of it :D
  21. Donate for a charity of my choice..(If donating for the Fund raising campaign project of our alumni association to repair/restore our church bells can be considered...then it's done!)
  22. Meet someone famous. (Done!)
  23.  Have a General Medical check-up.
  24. Hit the gym…or at least do some physical activities..jogging, brisk-walking..go go!..(In progress)
  25.  Be 10 kgs. lighter than my current weight...(In progress)
  26. Buy something expensive for my wife….ssshh!
  27.  Pay for my children’s education for one year.(Done!)
  28. Hire someone to finally do that extra wardrobe/storage we badly need in our bedroom.(Consider it done..We have a spare room we used as storage space instead, now our bedroom is more organized...as of July 2011)
  29. Upgrade my home computer..(Consider it done..I got myself a new HP Laptop)
  30.  Buy a Wii….or PS3 with all accessories? …Which one’s better, I am still debating.. (Done!)
  31. Learn to play at least one musical instrument.
  32.  Read a book..and actually finish it.
  33. Spend one weekend for a Harry Potter movie marathon.
  34. Attempt another year-long photography project, maybe a 52 (a photo a week) and complete it. (In progress)
  35. Have my first real photo shoot. (Done!)
  36. Attend a photography workshop. (Done! Nov. 18-19,2011)
  37. Take some Advance Computer Lessons- PC Assembly, Troubleshooting, Networking…for future business plans J
  38. Spend my 40th birthday in the Philippines..in a nice beach resort…with the family…for 3 days and 2 nights J
  39. Learn to accept the fact that I am 40 years old already.
  40. .......................

I am leaving the 40th space open so I’ll have an unplanned accomplishment within the year, now that’ll make this list more exciting…

I’d be blogging about it every time I achieve one task..so let’s see how much I’d get before I blow my 40 candles..Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Kyle Stanley said...

Hi Its Kyle from the Pinoy Riders, anytime you would like ot go out on a Jet Ski let me know and I will let you use mine as a thanks for the Photo shoot of our group.

Kyle. 9090-9501

cyology said...

Wow..thank you sir, I'd love to do that..

more power to the Pinoy Riders!