artwork by patriciasoliani

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

SUV burns near Champions Gym, Jabriya



After lunch today, while driving along 4th Ring Road on my way back to the office, I saw a thick, black smoke rising from the direction of Champions Gym in Jabriya. There’s a good number of people already gathered at the overpass and around the area. While cars in front of me were all slowing down to have a look, I turned my phone camera on and start shooting towards the direction...As my car moved closer to the scene, I saw this black SUV (not sure if it was a GMC or Chevrolet) in the middle of the road with its front end already engulfed in flame..I often see burnt cars here and there but that was my first time to actually see a car still on fire..I don't know what may have caused the car to burn but that was quite a scary sight..


UPDATE:


After work, I passed by the same road to see what happened to the vehicle (a GMC Envoy). It was already towed to the side of the road. I took some pictures, here:







I'm sure I saw firefighters in the video but I guess the fire might have burned this car up too fast before they can even do something about it.



No comments: