artwork by patriciasoliani

Thursday, March 24, 2011

35. Have my first real photoshoot

Last January, on my 39th birthday, I wrote a list of the 40 things I want to do or accomplish before I turn 40. This is number 35 from that list.

By real I mean with someone else other than my immediate family members posing in front of my camera, fully made-up, dressed up, set on location..the works!

They say the first 10,000 photos off your camera are your worst and it actually holds true for me. After almost a year with my DSLR, I felt that I am not making any significant progress with my skills as a photographer. I used to live a solitary life as a photographer, depending solely on online tutorials and the like, but I realized that is not enough.

So this year, I made a resolve that I will try to develop/ enhance my photography..first step is to come out of my shell and mingle with other camera enthusiasts..

The opportunity came when I was invited to attend a photo shoot last Feb. 25 with the newly formed Light Benders Photography Group in Kuwait.. The event was the Vol dela Fantaisie ( Flight of Fantasy) featuring the creations of Kuwait-based Filipino designer Kenneth Harion..I was both excited and hesitant to join at first but at the end, it turned out to be an eye-opener of sort.

Light Benders Photography Group in Kuwait at theVol dela Fantaisie Photo shoot Event
Radisson SAS Hotel, February 25, 2011
I learned a lot in that one day, my first real photo shoot.. and since then I saw myself getting more motivated and interested each day.

No comments: