artwork by patriciasoliani

Monday, April 11, 2011

Highway Man..FAIL!


I drove down South again today to check out the relocation area for our project site offices. While driving, I was toying with some photo ideas I want to do after my visit. I already had the photo in my mind- me as a highway trekker or something like that..its only a matter of execution and of course, location.

And so, on my way back to Kuwait City, I looked around for good location until I spotted this long stretch of road and decided to stop. I took my camera and tripod and prepared to make the shot. I was already doing some test shots, like 5 or 6 including the photo above, when a huge pick-up truck stopped by and parked in front of my car. A burly middle-aged man alighted from the vehicle and walked towards me. I quickly realized my mistake..I was shooting next to a pipeline!..I was aware of it but somehow I neglected it..stupid me.

At first I thought he is a police officer because of his khaki uniforms..Then he introduced himself, in good English, as the security officer for the area...He asked me in a polite manner what I was doing there and I explained to him I just came from our site and thought it was nice to have some souvenir pictures of myself in that area...He asked if I was not aware it is prohibited to approach or even take photographs there..He also asked if he can see the pictures I took so I let him.. He saw two photos of me sitting on the guard rails with the pipelines behind me and told me to delete them..I apologized and deleted the two photos with him looking while telling me not to do the same mistake again..of course I said yes..When everything was clear, we shook hands and drove our separate ways..

I could only shake my head and laugh for doing such stupidity...FAIL!

No comments: